Ph.D. Minor in History of Education
Minor Requirements (12 cr.)
History of Education Core (6 cr.)
- EDUC-H 504 History of American Education (3 cr.)
- EDUC-C 654 Higher Education in the United States (3 cr.)
In special circumstances, the advisor for the minor may approve a substitute for the second foundations core course, such as an additional 600-level H-course in the history of education taught in the School of Education beyond what is required for the history of education specialization.
Additional Courses (6 cr.)
Select 6 hours from the following courses:
- EDUC-H 590 Independent Study or Research in History, Philosophy, and Comparative Education (3 cr.)
- EDUC-H 601 Historical Inquiry in Education (3 cr.)
- EDUC-H 637 Topical Seminar (3 cr.) on a history of education topic
In special circumstances, the advisor for the minor may approve the substitution for one of the two Additional Courses with a relevant graduate course in history taught in the History Department or another relevant department.
No more than 3 transfer credits may be applied to fulfilling the requirements for the minor.
The doctoral minor in History of Education does not require a minor qualifying exam.